Race 1 - 11:37AM The Junction Handicap Tips (1000m)
12. MISS DANIEL won a strong Balaklava maiden on debut and well backed at start two, was a good thing beaten in that Aug 28 attempt when held-up for much of the straight and got out when it was all over. Had a $2.35 SP on Manhattan Times at start three, who would give this lot windburn and she draws for a soft run here first-up.
11. Gloved is rising from maiden grade, albeit that was in good time at Murray Bridge in her stable debut for Will Clarken. Staying at the 1000m suits and the April 7 trial indicated she was in for a good campaign.
2. Kolokar recorded a stylish debut victory on a soft track in Jan before somewhat of a plain effort in town behind a smart one. I suspect he'll get over more ground.
was competitive in decent company and then spelled after a handy three-year-old race. He could be the value ($15.00 @ Neds
Race 2 - 12:12PM G.H. Mumm Autumn Series Final Tips (1400m)
9. RIALTOR will face pressure from Trip and My Boy Birmingham out wide, but should hold up from a good draw and carrying just 51kg after the Angus Chung claim, he'll get every chance to run out a strong seven furlongs. This is his biggest test, but has won two of his last three and missed the start before flashing home in the other.
15. Skilled Bunch gets a start with the scratching of Insaaf and while she can be hit or miss, this mare is a two-time winner on the Parks track and had no luck fresh. She's won three of four second-up attempts.
5. Aiguilette is a query at 1400m, but brings strong last start form, with a second to group class sprinter Another Award. Fit and is well weighted in this class.
3. My Boy Birmingham strips fitter off a fresh effort where he stuck on, but needed the run. He'll be working from out wide.
Race 3 - 12:47PM South Australian Sires' Produce Stakes Tips (1400m)
1. TWIN STARS is racing as though he'll eat up 1400m, with the son of Zoustar catching the eye from last when runner-up to the smart See You Heaven in the Breeders' Stakes first-up and on debut, he toyed with All Sassed Up in a Magic Millions event. From a better draw, we want to see a more positive Barend Vorster this Saturday.
7. Street Delight also comes out of the Breeders' Stakes and was the luckless runner there, switching off heels before rattling home late. She settled outside the leader when winning at Sandown the start prior.
3. Solar Blast could be anything, even if this is a little soon. Got warm at the 200m on debut before ducking in and raced greenly. Can improve sharply at start two.
2. Kings Consort beat a highly rated Tasmanian via a Showdown upset at Caulfield second-up. 1400m is a test though.
Race 4 - 1:22PM David "DT" Thomas Memorial Handicap Tips (1200m)
8. ARKHAM KNIGHT is a while between drinks and will get back, but the veteran is racing well this prep, finishing in the money via all three runs. The latest was a second at Oakbank when shading Morvada (subsequent listed winner), with Magic Millions winner Zoist taking that event out. That's strong form for this and the blinkers go on.
1. Defiant Dancer
has finished outside the top three once in five first-up attempts, which was a midfield listed effort behind Halvorsen and Malkovich. 1200m is his right distance and is a big price ($21.00 @ BetRight
) in a BM82.
10. Noname Lane is a very versatile five-year-old, with four wins in the 1000m-1600m range last year. He should either lead or settle outside Fulton Street early.
12. Point Blaze wasn't disgraced at listed level last start, with 1400m just pulling her up. 1200m suits and she stays on the minimum.
Race 5 - 1:57PM Grand Syndicates - New Yearlings Available now! SA Sprint Series Final Tips (1100m)
5. HOWL won two of his first three starts then answered the challenge in a BM72 last Oct. A talented sprinter with a big finish, his jump-outs had been strong ahead of his Oakbank return, where he was in the wrong part of the track for a narrow defeat. With a subsequent tick-over trial and Paul Gatt back on, this looks the target race.
1. Calypso Reign is another handy one from the David Jolly yard, a stakes placed galloper that has been freshened-up off a return win. Has to out-sprint them with 60kg, but is the class runner here.
11. Rushaway Lad peaked late on return and ridden colder than usual, got home for third last week. Plummets in the weights here and they should be more positive.
6. Array Of Sunshine
defeated Rushaway Lad at Oakbank and has been kept on the fresh side. Long odds ($51.00 @ BoomBet
), but not hopeless.
Race 6 - 2:32PM Australian Turf Club Provincial Super Series Final Tips (1800m)
4. MORTY defeated Sanblas three back, who won his next two and then without room at The Valley, he wasn't suited on that tighter circuit. With 62.5kg and nearly six weeks between runs at Gawler, the betting drift suggested he'd need the gallop, albeit he sustained a wide run for third. Strips fitter and carries 6.5kg less here.
11. Fox D'or is putting it together, cashing in on a big drop in grade at Balaklava and backed-up three days later for another easy win. Performed previously with spaces between starts and draws for a soft run.
3. The Brumby was battling in Victoria and crossing the border third-up, put in a much-improved effort at Murray Bridge. 1800m a query, but drops in the weights.
1. Clever Man is in career best form, winning the Mount Gambier Cup three back and arrives off an eight length win.
Race 7 - 3:12PM Adelaide Galvanising Industries Adelaide Guineas Tips (1600m)
1. ILLATION has opened at a Winx-like price to remain unbeaten, but off two sensational victories to open his account and staying against the three-year-old's, it looks a near formality. We were able to back him for the Nitschke and soon as the inside run presented, this well-bred colt put it to bed. Looks a genuine spring prospect.
could be value ($41.00 @ PlayUp
) for exotics or even on a place line, a gelding that stuck on against the off-speed pattern of a hard-run Chairman's. Has some strong prior form and is now back to 1600m hard-fit.
2. Umgawa is a city class Melbourne visitor that won two back and was more than five weeks between runs on Anzac Day, where he spotted weight to the trifecta.
4. Hopon Harry made some late inroads behind Illation and is looking for a mile now. He's in the top three/four mix here.
Race 8 - 3:52PM Thomas Farms South Australian Derby Tips (2500m)
6. DETONATOR JACK is prepared by the powerful Maher & Eustace stable and will again be partnered by John Allen, who has ridden four of the last six South Australian Derby winners. The son of Jakkalberry is unbeaten from three attempts, defeating subsequent Sydney winner Hameron two back before a 2100m victory on a Soft 7.
7. The Nephew
won the Tasmanian Derby, which we saw stack up last year and has raced on wet tracks via his last two, with an SP advantage over the Warrnambool Cup winner. Looks a forgotten runner ($26.00 @ TopSport
1. Alegron has the runs on the board, as a VRC and Sydney Derby placed three-year-old who bounced back in the St Leger last start. That was a weak race, however.
15. Phere The Ex
won fresh and then just knocked up late in the Chairman's second-up. Should stay and could be a blowout ($34.00 @ BlueBet
Race 9 - 4:30PM James Squire Handicap Tips (1050m)
12. SITTING BULL is a lightly raced five-year-old, who doesn't necessarily jump off the page on form, but he was very impressive in a lead-up trial at Murray Bridge, moving effortlessly through his gears on May 5. Both of his victories have come first-up and getting back off a good tempo in an open race to finish the card, he can get home.
4. Tanja's Dream
also has some interest at a double figure quote ($17.00 @ BetRight
), a mare that was wide on April 30 and this a decent drop in grade. Jumps from barrier one and did win a slightly stronger affair only three back.
1. Damascus Moment landed big bets at Stawell, putting 2.5 lengths on McKeever who then ran second over the Bool' Carnival. Big weight, but is the class runner.
3. Rejinsky makes his stable debut for John Macmillan, an ex-NSW galloper that's beaten handy types. Watch the betting.