Race 1 - 11:05AM TAB Highway Class 3 Handicap Tips (1500m)
7. THE DRAMATIST carries 54.5kg after the Reece Jones claim, who was aboard for a Class 1 win on Tamworth Cup Day where they defied an inside and on-speed pattern to that point, proving too classy despite covering ground. Although this four-year-old is still learning the caper, local trainer Rod Northam has a handy galloper on his hands.
4. Angelical was unbeaten from three starts in her first campaign, handling all conditions in the process and winning from 1350m-1750m. She'll likely press on and have an early tactical edge over The Dramatist.
6. Steplee is another Rod Northam runner that gets back, but has a big finish and was well backed at the provincials last start where he got home fairly.
found career best form last prep and whacked away fresh on a bog track. Leads and can give cheek at a price ($34.00 @ BoomBet
Race 2 - 11:40AM Midway BM72 Handicap Tips (1700m)
4. LOVETHEINVASION is versatile, consistent and makes her luck on speed. Winning two of her last four over summer, she was brave in her last second-up attempt on Dec 1 as the sole on-speed survivor in a fast-run race set up for the backmarkers. Backed prior to her April 29 fresh win, she carries 6.5kg less from that Muswellbrook race.
6. Harvey's Way perhaps isn't suited by an inside draw, but Bowman going on is a tick after he laid-in late with the apprentice on at Newcastle. Lightly raced and likely a city class galloper in time, this looks winnable.
13. Achira won a Midway on March 19 and was the pick of the closers in the Hawkesbury edition a fortnight ago. Is hard fit and in the mix on current form.
5. Always Sure was a month between runs third and fourth-up, so shouldn't be far off a peak and is back in grade here.
Race 3 - 12:15PM Pages Event Hire BM78 Handicap Tips (2200m)
4. MISSION PHOENIX was desperately in need of the run first-up off a 15-month lay-off and after an improved second-up showing over 1600m, denied at Hawkesbury by Deepstrike, a classy and hard-fit visitor who was dropping in grade to complete a hat-trick. Lands on speed and should go close with a little more improvement.
1. Military Mission appeared to have the hat-trick easily wrapped up at Gosford last Saturday before a late surge from a progressive Hameron. Certainly had his chance, although he was giving 8kg to that winner.
3. Bonny Ezra comes out of the same Gosford race, where she got home for third and that followed an honest effort on a Heavy 10. Perhaps ready to peak?
8. Stella Performer wasn't far off Hameron at Canterbury, so the form ties in with the fav and a firmer track will suit.
Mission Phoenix - $9.50Scone Race Threebet now
18+ only. Ts and Cs apply. Think ! About your choices. Call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit the website. All bets accepted on behalf of PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd Licensed in Northern Territory, Australia by NT Racing Commission. www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au
Race 4 - 12:50PM Vinery Woodlands Stakes Tips (1100m)
4. LADY HARLEM had an interrupted autumn, trialling in Jan and Feb before her next public outing on May 2, where she travelled strongly before being clicked up to win that Randwick heat. Finished second to the speedy Semillion on debut, a subsequent group winner that had Blue Diamond form in summer and this does lack depth.
3. In Secret didn't set the world on fire prior to her April 13 debut, but that was a soft victory in the end, beating two subsequent winners in the process. Barrier one will be sticky if they aren't more positive here.
5. Luna Rocks is still very raw, although is talented and improved off a narrow debut loss to bolt in at the midweeks. Both starts have been on a Heavy 10.
9. Penthouse placed at listed level on debut, so Matty Dale clearly has an opinion of her and she resumed with a big win.
Race 5 - 1:25PM Westpac Rescue Helicopter 3&4yo BM72 Tips (1300m)
3. I AM LETHAL is very well placed back to BM72 level, having won twice in this grade last prep before a Magic Millions Guineas tilt, where he was held-up at key stages and should've finished closer. Forgiving the Heavy 10 flop fresh behind three smart ones and he was strong late in a May 2 trial. On drier ground, he can let down late.
11. Sacrimony had excuses fresh behind an unbeaten Norwegian Bliss and then bounced back second-up. Goes right up in the weights now for technically drop in grade, although not convinced that this is weaker.
18. Different Strokes needs two scratching's and is a chance if that occurs. Covered ground second-up behind Coal Crusher, who franked that form last Saturday.
has almost exclusively been racing at stakes level and is a Group 3 winner. Might be a blowout ($26.00 @ Neds
Race 6 - 2:00PM Coolmore Denise's Joy Stakes Tips (1100m)
13. I AM ME couldn't be in better touch for this black-type attempt, with the Maher & Eustace three-year-old arriving off a winning hat-trick and is back against the fillies after making light work of Florescent Star at Flemington, who is no slouch. With tactical speed versus many rivals that have had chances, she can win again.
7. Najmaty has been kept fresh after a slashing Caulfield resumption in a bid to avoid the heavy tracks and in a fast-run 1100m on this big track, she'll look to wind up late from off the speed in a suitable race.
3. Zapateo was competitive twice behind Mazu before the PJ Bell when swamped by a stablemate over 1200m. Freshened-up again and back to 1100m is a tick.
6. Authentic Jewel travelled like the winner first-up at Hawkesbury before fitness gave out late. This may well be a target.
Race 7 - 2:35PM Scone Equine Hospital Luskin Star Stakes Tips (1300m)
4. ANDERMATT showed no second-up syndrome with another Heavy 10 victory and despite also gaining a start in the Ortensia over 1100m, this is supposedly the preferred option over 1300m, with a view to a Stradbroke should he run out the distance. Now back on firmer ground and over this longer distance, it's a whole new challenge.
caught the eye fresh at Newcastle from a tricky position before carrying 62kg to win the Tamworth Cup. A Group/listed class horse in his right distance range, he's a decent each-way price ($11.00 @ BetDeluxe
12. Flying Crazy has a good turn-of-foot over 1400m and was a listed winner both sides of a heavy track flop. Is down on the 53kg minimum as a three-year-old.
3. Tycoonist had every favour when nailing Malkovich and although very honest, he's quite short against some classy types.
Race 8 - 3:10PM Arrowfield Dark Jewel Classic Tips (1400m)
16. LA GAI SOLEIL backed up strong trials to win like a superstar first-up before a second-up Group 3 flop as fav, where she failed to settle over a mile off a slower speed. With a big freshen-up and two strong trials, this mare comes back to 1400m, which given she gets a faster speed over these journeys, it may be the right set-up for her.
9. Majestic Shot is on the back-up and with a pinch of luck in the run home, she probably wins last Saturday's Takeover Target. Has three runs under her belt, with this first attempt over 1400m the main query.
1. Mirra Vision has a big weight, but a soft gate will help offset the 59kg and while Group 1 placed on a Heavy 8 two back, she's been looking for firmer ground.
15. Brookspire was a little plain as a beaten fav first-up in the Hawkesbury Crown, albeit wasn't disgraced. Is she that good?
Race 9 - 3:50PM Emirates Park Ortensia Stakes Tips (1100m)
7. SURREAL STEP made his stable debut for Brad Widdup at Hawkesbury and ridden quieter than usual, was easily the pick of the closers in on-pace dominated race, getting the better of Marboosha, who has been thereabouts over the carnival. Ideally, this would be 1200m, but it's similar opposition and he's a good each-way price.
2. Roheryn has always been a little hard to catch, although his first-up stats are terrific, with five wins from six attempts. Godolphin have a good record in this sprint and he can chime in late off a good speed.
3. Malkovich is a one dimensional speedster and while a Heavy 9 wasn't preferred first-up, they could've gone earlier. As usual, he'll be in this for a long way.
6. Lord Olympus
should've finished closer at Gosford, where he was badly checked in the run home. Huge odds ($23.00 @ BetRight
) on the back-up.
Race 10 - 4:30PM Yarraman Park BM78 Handicap Tips (1100m)
1. ATHELRIC put in a strange fresh run, which looked effectively a barrier trial over 900m and he's bounced off that strongly, recording two big Warwick Farm wins over 1000m, while it's hard to see 1100m pulling him up. Stays in a BM78, yet carries 1kg less after the Dylan Gibbons claim, who gets a great chance here for Godolphin.
8. Hulk needs everything to go right, which his poor winning strike rate reflects, but he's always thereabouts in a finish. A patient Jason Collett suits this gelding and he will need a good ride from barrier two.
4. Lady Of Luxury really came on last prep, with a city win before the Magic Millions. The last trial wasn't great, but she's honest and generally sprints well fresh.
3. Rainbow Connection is classy, but seemingly gets scratched every Saturday. Has been back to the trials in May to tick-over.